CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Community Contributions

[waves2Foam] compiling a new solver with wmake: waveDyMFoam

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   April 11, 2016, 13:53
Default compiling a new solver with wmake: waveDyMFoam
  #1
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Dear all
I am writing to ask question about installing waves2Foam. I installed OpenFoam211 on ubuntu 10.4 and now I am trying to install waves2Foam. But the compilation didnt complete and some errors were seen as an example:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwaves2Foam
But it seems that the bashrc file of waves2Foam has some problems and i think it relates to the following line:
WAVES_APPBIN=$FOAM_USER_APPBIN
WAVES_LIBBIN=$FOAM_USER_LIBBIN
it seems that $FOAM_USER_APPBIN and $FOAM_USER_LIBBIN dont exist or the directions of them are not correct but i dont know the correct direction.
Does anybody encounter this problem?
Best Regards
Anna
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 19, 2016, 16:15
Default compiling a new solver with wmake: waveDyMFoam
  #2
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Dear All
I have just install waves2Foam and run an example and actually in worked without any problem. Now I am trying to compile that with interDyMFoam solver and for that I followed the steps written at https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Contrib/waves2Foam. But when I tried to compile with wmak, I encounter some errors as below:
root@anna-VPCF13EFX:~/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam# wmake
linuxGccDPOpt/options:59: *** missing separator. Stop.
wmake error: file 'Make/linuxGccDPOpt/objectFiles' could not be created in /home/anna/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam
root@anna-VPCF13EFX:~/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam#

Actually I cant understand how to solve this problem.
do you have the answer?
Best Regards
Anna
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 19, 2016, 18:38
Default
  #3
Retired Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 10,965
Blog Entries: 45
Rep Power: 126
wyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to all
Quick request: Please provide the contents of the file "Make/options".
__________________
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 20, 2016, 11:37
Default compiling a new solver with wmake: waveDyMFoam
  #4
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Dear All
I have just install waves2Foam and run an example and actually in worked without any problem. Now I am trying to compile that with interDyMFoam solver and for that I followed the steps written at https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Contrib/waves2Foam. But when I tried to compile with wmak, I encounter some errors as below:
root@anna-VPCF13EFX:~/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam# wmake
linuxGccDPOpt/options:59: *** missing separator. Stop.
wmake error: file 'Make/linuxGccDPOpt/objectFiles' could not be created in /home/anna/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam
root@anna-VPCF13EFX:~/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam#

Actually I cant understand how to solve this problem.
do you have the answer?
Best Regards
Anna
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 20, 2016, 11:48
Default problem with wmake
  #5
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Quick request: Please provide the contents of the file "Make/options".
My Friend
This is the content of make/option (with the changes):
Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I.. \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude \ 
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel \
  -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/dynamicMesh/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude \
    -I./../../../../../src/lnInclude 
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/sampling/lnInclude 

EXE_LIBS =\
    -limmiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture \
    -lincompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lincompressibleRASModels \
    -lincompressibleLESModels \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -ldynamicMesh \
    -ldynamicFvMesh \
    -ltopoChangerFvMesh \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lsampling
    -L$(FOAM_USER_LIBBIN) \
    -lwaves2Foam

Last edited by wyldckat; April 20, 2016 at 17:07. Reason: Added [CODE][/CODE] markers
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 20, 2016, 17:09
Default
  #6
Retired Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 10,965
Blog Entries: 45
Rep Power: 126
wyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to allwyldckat is a name known to all
Quick answer: The lines you've added are missing a backslash "\" at the end of the line on the previous line. The following should work as intended:
Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I.. \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude \ 
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/dynamicMesh/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude \
    -I./../../../../../src/lnInclude  \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/sampling/lnInclude 

EXE_LIBS =\
    -limmiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture \
    -lincompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lincompressibleRASModels \
    -lincompressibleLESModels \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -ldynamicMesh \
    -ldynamicFvMesh \
    -ltopoChangerFvMesh \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lsampling \
    -L$(FOAM_USER_LIBBIN) \
    -lwaves2Foam
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 21, 2016, 03:44
Default
  #7
Senior Member
 
floquation's Avatar
 
Kevin van As
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TU Delft, The Netherlands
Posts: 252
Rep Power: 18
floquation will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna.Mozhgani View Post

linuxGccDPOpt/options:59: *** missing separator. Stop.
That line is probably telling you what goes wrong.

Your Make/options file is incorrect: it is missing a separator.

If I take interFoam as an example, the following snippet will give the same error you are getting. The red line is wrong.
Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/sampling/lnInclude
The following snippet is the correct version: A line separator was missing.
Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/sampling/lnInclude
floquation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 22, 2016, 05:40
Default
  #8
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Quick answer: The lines you've added are missing a backslash "" at the end of the line on the previous line. The following should work as intended:
Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I.. \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude \ 
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/dynamicMesh/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude \
    -I./../../../../../src/lnInclude  \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/sampling/lnInclude 

EXE_LIBS =\
    -limmiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture \
    -lincompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lincompressibleRASModels \
    -lincompressibleLESModels \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -ldynamicMesh \
    -ldynamicFvMesh \
    -ltopoChangerFvMesh \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lsampling \
    -L$(FOAM_USER_LIBBIN) \
    -lwaves2Foam
Hi
First thank you for your quick reply. I made these mentioned changes and then tried wmake, but I encounter some other errors as bellow:
Code:
anna@anna-VPCF13EFX:~/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam$ wmake
SOURCE=waveDyMFoam.C ;  g++ -m32 -Dlinux -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I.. -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/dynamicMesh/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude -I./../../../../../src/waves2Foam/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/fvOptions/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/sampling/lnInclude  -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam240/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linuxGccDPOpt/waveDyMFoam.o
In file included from waveDyMFoam.C:61:0:
../createFields.H: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
../createFields.H:141:5: error: declaration does not declare anything [-fpermissive]
     relaxationZone ;relaxing(mesh, U, alpha1);
     ^
../createFields.H:141:45: error: ‘relaxing’ was not declared in this scope
     relaxationZone ;relaxing(mesh, U, alpha1);
                                             ^
In file included from waveDyMFoam.C:62:0:
/opt/openfoam240/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readTimeControls.H:38:8: warning: unused variable ‘maxDeltaT’ [-Wunused-variable]
 scalar maxDeltaT =
        ^
make: *** [Make/linuxGccDPOpt/waveDyMFoam.o] Error 1
Actually I search but i understand nothing.Do you have any idea?
I appreciate your kindness in advance
Best Regards
Anna

Last edited by wyldckat; May 1, 2016 at 19:24. Reason: Added [CODE][/CODE] markers
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 2, 2016, 03:21
Default compiling a new solver with wmake: waveDyMFoam
  #9
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Hi Foamers
I am trying to compile waveDyMFoam. I just did the steps written on the openfoamwiki.net, but now i dont know how to understand that the compilation is done. the message after wmake command is :
anna@anna-VPCF13EFX:~$ of240
anna@anna-VPCF13EFX:~$ cd /home/anna/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam
anna@anna-VPCF13EFX:~/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam$ wmake
make: `/home/anna/OpenFOAM/anna-2.4.0/platforms/linuxGccDPOpt/bin/waveDyMFoam' is up to date.

Is the compilation done correctly?
Best Regards
Anna
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 3, 2016, 03:05
Default
  #10
Senior Member
 
floquation's Avatar
 
Kevin van As
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TU Delft, The Netherlands
Posts: 252
Rep Power: 18
floquation will become famous soon enough
If it doesn't give an error, it completed successfully.

In your case, you are trying to recompile it, while nothing in the source code since the last successful compilation. It then says it is "up to date". This should mean that it was previously compiled successfully.

In the Make/files file you can see where the executable is moved to. This is typically to $FOAM_USER_APPBIN for custom solvers. If there is an executable in that directory, you too know it was compiled successfully (or an old version resides there).
floquation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 3, 2016, 10:17
Default
  #11
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your useful reply. I checked the location and the executable file of waveDyMFoam was included. But now I do not know how to recall the tutorials of the waveDyMFoam. Actually I dont know weather there is a tutorials or with this compilation I can just use the wave as boundary condition in interDyMFoam.
I appreciate your kindness in advance
Best Regards
Anna
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 16, 2016, 10:24
Default compiling waveDyMFoam solver with wmake
  #12
New Member
 
Anna
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 8
Anna.Mozhgani is on a distinguished road
Dear Friends
I am trying to compile waveDyMFoam with interDyMFoam. Although I have followed the steps written on the wiki, I encounter some problems. The compilation has not completed yet and I do not know how to solve the problem. I would be very grateful if you help me.

shima@shima:~/OpenFOAM/shima-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam$ wmake
Making dependency list for source file waveDyMFoam.C
could not open file relaxationZone.H for source file waveDyMFoam.C due to No such file or directory
could not open file readWaveProperties.H for source file waveDyMFoam.C due to No such file or directory
SOURCE=waveDyMFoam.C ; g++ -m32 -Dlinux -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I.. -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/dynamicMesh/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude -I./../../../../../src/waves2Foam/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/fvOptions/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/sampling/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam240/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linuxGccDPOpt/waveDyMFoam.o
waveDyMFoam.C:47:28: fatal error: relaxationZone.H: No such file or directory
#include "relaxationZone.H"

^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Make/linuxGccDPOpt/waveDyMFoam.o] Error 1

Best Regards
Anna
Anna.Mozhgani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 18, 2016, 16:29
Default
  #13
Senior Member
 
Ehsan Asgari
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 471
Rep Power: 16
syavash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna.Mozhgani View Post
Dear Friends
I am trying to compile waveDyMFoam with interDyMFoam. Although I have followed the steps written on the wiki, I encounter some problems. The compilation has not completed yet and I do not know how to solve the problem. I would be very grateful if you help me.

shima@shima:~/OpenFOAM/shima-2.4.0/applications/utilities/waves2Foam/applications/solvers/solvers240/waveFoam/waveDyMFoam$ wmake
Making dependency list for source file waveDyMFoam.C
could not open file relaxationZone.H for source file waveDyMFoam.C due to No such file or directory
could not open file readWaveProperties.H for source file waveDyMFoam.C due to No such file or directory
SOURCE=waveDyMFoam.C ; g++ -m32 -Dlinux -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I.. -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/twoPhaseMixture/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/incompressible/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/interfaceProperties/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam240/src/transportModels/immiscibleIncompressibleTwoPhaseMixture/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/dynamicMesh/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude -I./../../../../../src/waves2Foam/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/fvOptions/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/sampling/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam240/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam240/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linuxGccDPOpt/waveDyMFoam.o
waveDyMFoam.C:47:28: fatal error: relaxationZone.H: No such file or directory
#include "relaxationZone.H"

^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Make/linuxGccDPOpt/waveDyMFoam.o] Error 1

Best Regards
Anna
Hi Anna,

It is complaining that relaxationZone.H cannot be found within classes and libraries you have provided in Make/options. You should look for the folder containing that class and include it in the options.

Syavash
syavash is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEMFC model with FLUENT brahimchoice FLUENT 22 April 19, 2020 15:44
[ANSYS Meshing] Help with element size sandri_92 ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 14 November 14, 2018 07:54
wmake compiling new solver mksca OpenFOAM Programming & Development 14 June 22, 2018 06:29
Working directory via command line Luiz CFX 4 March 6, 2011 20:02


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:19.