CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Installation

[OpenFOAM.org] problem with instaling openfoam-2.0.0 on ubuntu 18.04

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 6, 2018, 12:18
Default problem with instaling openfoam-2.0.0 on ubuntu 18.04
  #1
New Member
 
Alireza
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 2
alireza.sh is on a distinguished road
Dear users
I am new in Open Foam and Ubuntu. I want to install the OpenFOAM-2.0.0 from source pack on Ubuntu 18.04 but i am failed in it. I do it according to below link:
https://openfoam.org/download/2-0-0-source/
I attached the Log_Allwmake file to see all of the errors.
can any one help me to solve the problem???
thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: zip log_Allwmake.zip (27.0 KB, 4 views)
alireza.sh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 6, 2018, 20:17
Default
  #2
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 10,453
Blog Entries: 41
Rep Power: 115
wyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of light
Quick answer: Very interesting... I'm only seeing issues with compiling with Flex... try running the following commands:
Code:
#Go into OpenFOAM's main source folder
cd $WM_PROJECT_DIR
 
#Change how the flex version is checked
find src applications -name "*.L" -type f | xargs sed -i -e 's=\(YY\_FLEX\_SUBMINOR\_VERSION\)=YY_FLEX_MINOR_VERSION < 6 \&\& \1='
Then run Allwmake the same you've done before.
__________________
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 10, 2018, 07:00
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Alireza
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 2
alireza.sh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Quick answer: Very interesting... I'm only seeing issues with compiling with Flex... try running the following commands:
Code:
#Go into OpenFOAM's main source folder
cd $WM_PROJECT_DIR
 
#Change how the flex version is checked
find src applications -name "*.L" -type f | xargs sed -i -e 's=\(YY\_FLEX\_SUBMINOR\_VERSION\)=YY_FLEX_MINOR_VERSION < 6 \&\& \1='
Then run Allwmake the same you've done before.
Dear Bruno
Thanks a lot for your reply
I run the commands and i still see a lot of error. The new errors have been reported in the attached file.
I want to run the HACFOAM program and it is the reason why I should install the OpenFoam2.0.0.
can anyone help me how to solve this problem?? I have searched in the web a lot but i can not find any things.

Thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: zip log_Allwmake.zip (34.7 KB, 2 views)
alireza.sh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 11, 2018, 18:19
Default
  #4
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 10,453
Blog Entries: 41
Rep Power: 115
wyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of light
Quick answer: I didn't notice it on the first log file (edit: the first log did have it), but this:
Code:
no ThirdParty sources found - skipping
indicates that you did not download and unpack the "ThirdParty-2.0.0.gtgz" package in the correct location. The unpacked folder is meant to be placed next to OpenFOAM-2.0.0, e.g.:
  • OpenFOAM
    • OpenFOAM-2.0.0
    • ThirdParty-2.0.0
This is necessary because Open-MPI 1.5.3 is needed for building with this version of OpenFOAM.

Last edited by wyldckat; November 11, 2018 at 18:20. Reason: see "edit:"
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 12, 2018, 04:32
Unhappy
  #5
New Member
 
Alireza
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 2
alireza.sh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Quick answer: I didn't notice it on the first log file (edit: the first log did have it), but this:
Code:
no ThirdParty sources found - skipping
indicates that you did not download and unpack the "ThirdParty-2.0.0.gtgz" package in the correct location. The unpacked folder is meant to be placed next to OpenFOAM-2.0.0, e.g.:
  • OpenFOAM
    • OpenFOAM-2.0.0
    • ThirdParty-2.0.0
This is necessary because Open-MPI 1.5.3 is needed for building with this version of OpenFOAM.

Dear Bruno
I am very appreciative of your notification.I did it but I did not make the source again from the first because it take a lot of time (about 4h). I make the source on the previous one (about 5 minute) but also i have a lot of error.
Attached Files
File Type: zip log_Allwmake.zip (35.8 KB, 1 views)
alireza.sh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 12, 2018, 18:26
Default
  #6
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 10,453
Blog Entries: 41
Rep Power: 115
wyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of lightwyldckat is a glorious beacon of light
OK, what at first seemed like a fairly simple fix with OpenFOAM 2.0.x, is now an ever expanding list of problems with compiling 2.0.0...


I will not have time before the upcoming weekend to test this myself and work through the issues to write a wiki page on this topic. My best suggestion right now is that you install Ubuntu 14.04 inside a virtual machine and follow the instructions given here: https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/I...u#Ubuntu_14.04
It's not a great solution, but it's the quickest one I'm able to provide right now.


If you can wait until this upcoming weekend (17-18 of November 2018), I may be able to look into this myself in more detail.
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   Yesterday, 03:04
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Alireza
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 2
alireza.sh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
OK, what at first seemed like a fairly simple fix with OpenFOAM 2.0.x, is now an ever expanding list of problems with compiling 2.0.0...


I will not have time before the upcoming weekend to test this myself and work through the issues to write a wiki page on this topic. My best suggestion right now is that you install Ubuntu 14.04 inside a virtual machine and follow the instructions given here: https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/I...u#Ubuntu_14.04
It's not a great solution, but it's the quickest one I'm able to provide right now.


If you can wait until this upcoming weekend (17-18 of November 2018), I may be able to look into this myself in more detail.

Dear Bruno
I appreciate your prompt response to my question. If it is possible for you to write a wiki page on this topic, i prefer to wait until 18 of November but I also try to install it on Ubuntu 14.04 as you suggested.
thanks a lot
alireza.sh is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[waves2Foam] waves2Foam on an Ubuntu 18.04 with OpenFOAM 1712 JGadelho OpenFOAM Community Contributions 5 November 13, 2018 05:36
Map of the OpenFOAM Forum - Understanding where to post your questions! wyldckat OpenFOAM 9 March 30, 2017 06:19
Problem of openFOAM 2.3.1 installation in Ubuntu 14.04LTS mukut OpenFOAM Installation 9 January 19, 2015 01:48
Wigley Hull with OpenFoam 2.0.0 problem Stephy OpenFOAM Bugs 13 October 15, 2014 00:11
Handling cyclic BC from gambit to openfoam for a cascade airfoil problem - OF 1.6 maverick OpenFOAM Other Meshers: ICEM, Star, Ansys, Pointwise, GridPro, Ansa, ... 2 June 18, 2011 05:36


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:07.