|July 28, 2013, 15:10||
Star-CCM+ at Cluster [Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64]
I'm totally stuck while trying to make a cluster for Star-CCM+.
I beg for help/instructions.
2 Workstations s5520sc with 2x Xeon x5550 (named Node-0 and Node-1)
Clean Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise
What was done:
1) Domain (using Active Directory Services) was created at Node-0, both computers were included in Domain ("Cluster.cwl").
2) Accounts with the same name and password were created at both computers - but i'm confused: there exist Administrator account (set up at Windows setup) and Administrator@Cluster.cwl account (was created after Domain setup).
3) Feature -> Cluster was added, both computers are present in Nodes list.
4) Windows Firewall and UAC were turned off on both computers.
4) Star-CCM+ 8.04.007 was installed on both computers.
5) Following command was executed at both computers:
"C:\Program Files\CD-Adapco\STAR-CCM+8.04.007\mpi\mpich2_ch3\win64\bin\mpiexec.exe" -register
same (existing) username and password were passed.
6) Using ProcessMonitor i found out that Star was looking for rsh - so i've put a downloaded third-party rsh-client at Node-0 and set up a third-party rsh-service at Node-1. Node-0 is supposed to be a "head" node - Star GUI would be started there.
Using rsh-client on Node-0 i started Notepad.exe on Node-1 - it has appeared in process list, yet window was invisible.
Launching Star (from Node-0) on two nodes from GUI leads to Star-processes started at Node-1, BUT - this results in "Server process ended unexpectedly (return code 0)." at Star GUI.
My ideas: if i get it right - Star (GUI) at "master" computer launches Star server at "slave" computer through rsh and tries to connect to it - and it fails i guess.
What might be done in dummy tries (haven't done yet because of being sick and tired):
A) Install rsh-client on Node-1
Б) Install rsh-server on Node-0
I'll try it - but according to my understanding of architerctre this has no sense.
I would be endlessly thankful for any help .. guys, i'm desperate :<
|July 29, 2013, 00:10||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nurenberg, Germany
Posts: 566Rep Power: 13
can you ask this to adapco support. PS: I work for adapco, but support should help you with it.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|problem when imported geometry from 3D CAD to star ccm,||TAREK GANAT||STAR-CCM+||1||May 21, 2013 22:15|
|Using starToFoam||clo||OpenFOAM Other Meshers: ICEM, Star, Ansys, Pointwise, GridPro, Ansa, ...||33||September 26, 2012 04:04|
|Restart Star CCM server?||Apocolapse||STAR-CCM+||1||January 10, 2012 04:56|
|StarToFoam error||Kart||OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion||1||February 4, 2010 05:38|
|Trimmed cell and embedded refinement mesh conversion issues||michele||OpenFOAM Other Meshers: ICEM, Star, Ansys, Pointwise, GridPro, Ansa, ...||2||July 15, 2005 04:15|